***NEW WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION***
Photobucket
Welcome to the official site! More Below!


If you would like to donate by other means, please email me at justin_major@live.com.
Like this site if you support it!

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13048869 Justin Major is a regular kid with an extraordinary willingness to learn about everyone around him, including the homeless. "I was in the 1st grade and I saw a homeless person on the strip and I told my teacher that I wanted to start a facility when I got older and do anything I could. Now the time has come that I'm old enough. So Justin decided to start working on a documentary, bringing the homeless population in Las Vegas out of the shadows and into the light. Justin's cameras have been rolling on the secrets of life on the streets. "The first night I was out I went to Foremaster street, that's probably the worst I've seen. I actually gagged several times from the smell over fecal matter", says Major. Justin says it's a way to shed light on a serious problem in the Las Vegas valley and reach out to those he feels need it most. "Most people think homeless are out here because of gambling and drugs, that's true for some but others are unfortunate with their luck. Some are here from foreclosure or they've been kicked out of where they were." Justin plans to finish the documentary next summer and eventually play it in parks where people who have homes can see how the other half live. "The rich the poor, we're all in this thing called life",says Justin.
I support World Homeless Day. 10/10/10

Homeless Homeless

Saturday, July 24, 2010

First Day.

Today is day one of filming, and after much sleep deprivation, I can happily say I'm still prepared. The cause is what keeps me awake.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you. Amazing and sad what you saw, wasn't it? People need to be educated about what the streets are really like.

    ReplyDelete